The Frankston RSL Billiards & Snooker Section has been successfully competing in metropolitan competitions for over 60 years.
Utilising the two first class and well maintained full-size Alcocks tables in the Club’s Billiard Room, competitions are held on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday nights, as well as Tuesday midday. The season runs from February to October. Both billiards and snooker competitions are conducted with strong interest in both forms of the sport. Internal club championships are also a feature of our season. Both handicap and scratch competitions are on offer so all skill levels are well catered for.
PRESIDENT: John van Zanden – 9789 8176 / 0412 120 402
VICE PRESIDENT: Ian Gilbee – 5986 8850 / 0408 179 013
SECRETARY / TREASURER: Mark Dunn – 9781 2626 / 0422 304 052
Alan Clews: 9787 9706 / 0413 385 727
Ron Stecum: 9782 6003
Ian Anderson: 0437 021 987
Regular Inter-Club Competitions:-
- Graded Scratch Billiard & Snookers (VBSA Comp): Monday evenings from February to November
- Handicap Snooker & Billiards (Over 55’s comp). Tuesday daytime from February to October
- Handicap Snooker (Metro & RSL Comps). Tuesday & Thursday evenings from February to June
- Handicap Billiards: (Southern & RSL Comps). Tuesday & Thursday evenings from July to November
Annual Intra-Club Competitions:
– Scratch & Handicap Billiards & Snooker
New members most welcome. All standards catered for. Free coaching available.